Tuesday 21 February 2017

The Heir by Keira Cass

Book: The Heir
Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection
Genre: YA

Plot:
Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.
But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.
Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.

My thoughts:

I liked this book, even though I sort of felt like I shouldn't. I'm glad that The Selection series didn't draw out the Maxon-America relationship any further and instead focused on their daughter. It was nice to see them happy and in love, and see what comes next for their family. And instead of The Bachelor, we now get The Bachelorette! While the premise for it seemed a bit iffy this time around, I really liked reading about the Selection process from the other end.

I liked Eadlyn (although it took me nearly the entire book to get used to her stupid name) even though at times she came off bratty and entitled. She showed a lot of personal growth through the book, which made me root for her. I also liked several of the selected, and I haven't decided yet who I want her to end up with. Eadlyn seems just as torn as every lead in the Bachelor franchise claims to be.

I felt like the ending was a bit rushed, but it did lead for a nice little cliffhanger for the last book. Overall, I enjoyed this book. It was another quick and fun read. I rotated between the kindle version and the audiobook so I never had to stop reading it, and I really hope my library hurries up with The Crown!

No comments:

Post a Comment